Mar 3, 2009

Update: Janetta lady's collar

Recently I was asked what knitting/ crochet pattern that I've worked that I could see myself making over and over and never get tired of. Well, I can see myself making Janetta's Lady's Collar again, because it is easily memorized, produces something that looks more complicated than it is, and dresses up an outfit with little effort. Here is a close-up of my third version of the collar, done up in a cashmere/silk blend that is luxuriously soft. I love how it feels against the skin and the solid cocoa brown is just the perfect accent with a light colored shirt (perhaps yellow ochre) and a brown suit. This one is a keeper for me. More photos of the collar can be found on Ravelry.

But could I make it over and over and over again, to the exclusino of anyting else? In a word, no. But I don't think that is the question. I would answer that there are several patterns I can see myself making repeatedly and actually do -- simple cloches adorned with buttons [my trademark], baby bibs, neck warmers, and perhaps one day, socks.

No comments: